SURF | HIDEOUT | HOSTEL
As much as there is a lot of chilling, surfing and having fun, we also try to take good care of our planet. This is why, after a few years of studying the property and meeting local environmentalists we have been able to turn this sanctuary into a ecological paradise.
Here are some of the simple yet effective methods that we use:
* We are a zero water waste hostel. This means that all the water from the showers, sinks and washing machine are being filtered and treated with bio-microorganisms. Once the water is clean it is being sent out into the garden to keep the green season going all year round.
* Nowadays people don't tend to think about what they put down the sink and on their clothes. Don't worry, we'll do it for you! Here we provide eco soaps, shampoos and use bio detergents.
* Composting is essential if we're going to maintain our vigorous garden and dispose of waste properly.
* The chickens are working with us here at Lost Boyz, not only do they provide us with fresh eggs every morning, they also turn our compost on Sundayz.
* Naturalized A/C is the way of the future! By having a very open building plan it allows our mother tree to breathe, Oel ngati kameie.
* Everyone likes bananas but monkeys like them more! There are many fruit trees on our property witch provides a lot of food for us and our monkey friends. We give them a share of the profits, fiddy/fiddy.